THREAT PROTECTION LIKE NO OTHER
OpenDNS not only blocks malware, botnets and phishing over any port, protocol or app, but also detects and contains advanced attacks before they can cause damage.
- View new network security activity in real time with globally aggregated reports.
- Pinpoint devices infected or users targeted by advanced attacks to reduce the time to remediation. Not all attacks are equally dangerous. OpenDNS compares your blocked threat requests to our global visibility—so you can prioritize and reduce response times to sophisticated or targeted attacks.
- Comply with internal acceptable use policies or regulatory requirements with up to 60 content categories.
OpenDNS Security Graph uses big-data analytics and machine learning to automate protection against both known and emergent threats.
- Layer predictive security to complement reactive signature-based or real-time behavior-based security.
- Expand situational awareness beyond the network activity from your devices and sites with our global threat visibility.
NO ADDED LATENCY
With OpenDNS there is no need to reroute every connection through proxy or VPN gateways to secure mobile users or remote offices.
- No extra “hops” because external DNS traffic is simply resolved in the cloud by OpenDNS rather than the ISP.
- Only a few connections are transparently routed through our proxy when we must inspect below the DNS layer.
The OpenDNS Global Network handles more than two percent of the world’s Internet requests daily with 100 percent uptime.
- In 2006, our mission was to build the most reliable DNS service on the planet, and unlike others, we have always provided operational visibility.
- Today, our security uses the same foundation trusted by over 50 million daily- active users across 160 countries, including ISPs.
Umbrella’s rich database of 60 categories, covering millions of domains (and billions of Web pages), allows you to control which sites can be accessed on your network. The easy-to-use, cloud-managed administration console allows you to quickly set up and manage different acceptable use policies per network, group, user, device or IP address, giving you greater control of your organization’s Internet usage.
Whitelists and Blacklists
Umbrella enables you to customize our category-based filtering to meet each network’s specific needs. Quickly create exceptions to allow or block specific domains, regardless if the category it belongs to is allowed or blocked.
Whitelists allow you to ensure that a particular site is always accessible, even if the category it belongs to is being blocked. Blacklists operate in the opposite fashion by ensuring that a site on the blacklist is never accessible. Umbrella customers can have unlimited entries in their whitelist and blacklist to accommodate custom needs.
Prevent Malware Infections
Umbrella predictively blocks connections to malicious infrastructures, greatly reducing the risk of infections or the need for time-consuming cleanup.
Block Phishing Sites
Don’t rely on your users to spot a phish. Umbrella protects against fraudulent Websites that attempt to steal their login credentials–often the same as those used to access corporate networks and cloud apps.
Gain visibility into who is using cloud services.
Explore which services are being used by employees at your organization. View whether or not the cloud services your employees are using are sanctioned by your IT department. This visibility can provide insight into potential policy and compliance breaches if employees are using a new cloud service instead of a sanctioned service.